Could you list 100 of your dreams?

Whenever I have downtime online (instead of checking social media again) I look at my list of 100 dreams and make plans to work towards them. It's a list of anything -- no rules -- I want to do with my life. I have everything from "sleep" to "take my man to Hawai'i" on here. Writing down the first 30 or so is easy, but then you start to slow down. 

I've heard of bucket lists, but feel this just works better for me. I also use this as a motivator for how I want to spend my time, energy and money. So, rather than trying to save time doing dishes, or optimizing all of my errands into one afternoon, or, in other words, focusing and planning around the things I don't want to do/drain me of energy/or are lower priority,  instead, I just focus on what I do want to do / give me energy/ and is high priority. Everything else just then falls into place or gets de-priortize (as it should). 

More concretely, one of my dreams is to read a book a month. So while doing dishes I'll listen to an audio book. The $14/month subscription for audio books is worth it to me because the fee is nominal for me, and getting to hear the books I've chosen is awesome, a priority for me, and thus worth it. 

Bottom line: Prioritize around your dreams (the things that give you energy), rather than around your chores (the demands the drain your energy). That's true for both money and time. 

Shout out to Laura Vanderkam, whose workshop I learned this in. Check out her List of 100 Dreams

My List of "100" Dreams (it's 46 right now, but meh. That's cool with me)

strike through = Made it!
bold = actively working on it
plain = new/pending


  1. Get a black belt in something (I did boxing for 20 years, and tae kwon do for 4)
  2. Try Aikido
  3. Take my man to hawai'i
  4. go my man to new zeleand
  5. have a super fun wedding
  6. show in a gallery
  7. create a successful creative business
  8. inspire others
  9. buy a house
  10. have multiple streams of income
  11. take my man to morocco
  12. work on a feature film
  13. bake more bread
  14. teach an online course
  15. OIL PAINT
  16. create scrapbooks from old stuff
  17. shoot on analog still photography film again
  18. publish a book of my artwork
  19. speak at events
  20. lead workshops
  21. take class at the folk school w/ my man
  22. have a family day each month (rock climb, cycling around the beach, LEGO museum, jet ski/wakeboard, aqua jet pack, hicking)
  23. read a book each month
  24. have a monthly girls' night
  25. visit chicago yearly
  26. cook 
  27. learn to throw pottery
  28. do my nails more often
  29. get a monthly massage 
  30. go shopping more often
  31. sleep
  32. scuba dive
  33. start a scholarship program 
  34. mentor low-income high school students
  35. Learn japanese
  36. Visit kyoto
  37. Visit japan 
  38. Stretch canvas
  39. Attend workshop by my favorite artist
  40. learn to use a speed bag
  41. ride a bike with no handle bars
  42. Eat healthy
  43. Excercise 
  44. volunteer helping sea turtles
  45. visit the turtle hospital on marathon key
  46. make moroccan tea


Did you enjoy this? Share it with a friend.


Enter your email below for a free PDF of the complete one-page checklist
designed to help you start controlling your money (so it stops controlling you),
and getting on a path to money peace-of-mind.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...