"life" on Excel

It was only a matter of time before I created a tab on my goals workbook called "life." Yes, the day has finally come. It all started as a quick sketch of financial projections...and was just a matter of time before it was giving my life phases. Really. 

The Hustle phase is quickly approaching so I better get on it. I'm looking forward to the Baller phase most, because it's when I'll have the most money, and then the Golden Era will commence (aka retirement by 35) at which time I'll live a frugul existence as I did when I was 23. But this time I'll be 35, with a mortgage and not living in Hawai'i as I had when I was 23. So basically, I'm just trying to get back to my frugul lifestyle in Waikiki? Sigh. 


I'm going to have to rework this and figure out my goals a bit more sincerely. I am both rolling my eyes at myself for plotting my entire life out like this, but also kind of proud of myself for doing it too. I must say, it's rather scary to see your life laid out in one screen shot and think of all that's going to happen...weddings, friends, nieces & nephews, boyfriends, films, art...It's pretty exciting.

I think of my friends who are now 31 and just bought homes, and those who are 31 and living at their parents' home, and think of where I'll be around that age (in ~4yrs). It's not so much about where you're living, but what you're doing that matters. Both of those individuals are doing amazing things with their lives and I admire them for it. 

I also think of a film about Alzheimer's I'm doing work for now. I chronicles how a family is coping with the patriarch having Alzheimer's and the children, now in their late 20's talk about how their father didn't plan for the long term and is now sick, how burdened they feel and how worried they are. This prompted me to think of my life like this and also about my parents. I have to work them into this workbook too. Ugh.

Getting busy! #hustle phase #eye roll

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...