Now my obsession is _____.

Although I'm getting some interviews, and my business is getting stronger, it's really going much slower than I anticipated. But not as slow as a meal at Jiro's:




The 75-year-old world renowned sushi chef has been making sushi for over 50 years. Making sushi. For 50 years. WTF?! I'll raise a sake glass to that! Cheers Jiro. 

His work ethic and dedication are tremendously admirable. And, needless to say, quite different from my own...and most people I imagine. I bounce around from one vocation to the next, trying to mesh them together. I think it's time to try to focus a bit more.

But even with tremendous focus and dedication to a discipline, my goals is to always remain curious and excited about the world; to always have an obsession that drives my curiosity. But not an obsession like fire that flares up with intense resolve then fades away. But rather, a curiosity that flows steadily like water, like a river, which remains strong and temperate as the forest and seasons change -- keep my curiosity flowing even as my environment changes and never let go of it (i.e. whether I'm looking for work, or filthy rich).

Right now my obsession is music. Over a decade ago I was a pretty good guitar player -- able to play some relatively complex songs (i.e. Green Sleeves) by reading sheet music, but I stopped playing. About a year ago I picked it back up and now it's definitely an obsession. I play whenever I get the chance. I love it. I just need to keep it up.

In sum, now my obsession is playing guitar, like water flows. Album in stores soon (tee hee!).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...