Why I'm Doing This

Why try to pay off your loans in two and a half years rather than ten? 

One word: Freedom.

As a kid I'd imagined that by the time I was 30 I would have my shit together. And that's what I want. I want to have it together, aka financial stability and independence free from the burdens of debt. I can think of a million other things I'd rather be doing for the next 10 years with a $550 monthly payment than pay back loans for an education I'd already received. 


Educational loans are also just so intangible. It's not like a car or house, it's a nebulous payment towards the knowledge that's already in your brain. I just want to get rid of them. In 10 years I'll be 37. I'd much rather make my last student loan payment at 30 than 37 and use that freed up $550 to...I don't know, invest in property, put towards my business, go on a cruise, donate to charity, buy a new phone, or have the freedom to take time off of work to do humanitarian work without worrying about a monthly payment. 

Ah, I can almost taste it. Yummy yummy freedom. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...